Practical Ultrasound Skills
This is a one day course suited for practitioners with some experience in ultrasound.
It provides an opportunity to refresh basic scanning techniques and introduce some further uses for ultrasound in the Emergency Department.
The day comprises a mix of talks interspersed with practical skills stations. Participants will have the chance to try several different ultrasound machines with a total of 4 hours hands-on scanning.
Registration includes a workbook. The course is accredited with the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine.
- Emergency medicine physicians with post graduate ultrasound qualifications
- Christchurch hospital sonographers
Click here to meet our faculty.
Educational Outcomes / content
- Refresh knowledge, and practice basic scanning techniques – AAA and FAST
- Introduce/refresh the following knowledge and skills
- Ultrasound guided IV Access
- Early pregnancy Ultrasound
- Foreign Body Ultrasound
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound including joints and fractures
- Lung Ultrasound (Pneumothorax and interstitial oedema)
This course is held at Ranui House, in close proximity to Christchurch Hospital. Fully catered including barista coffee.
"Particularly enjoyed the MSK tips from Rex, the Charge Sonographer"
"Very clever stations with great variety of skills to try"
"Nice faculty- good to get different perspective from ED and radiology"